Type of Project:
Refrigerated fixture installation
1,000+ sq. ft.
Changeout of refrigerated cases and installation of new misting system
Food Basics is a supermarket chain owned by Metro Inc. The company operates 142 locations throughout Ontario. The Reset Team has been helping Metro In stores renovate and re-merchandise its stores since 2016.
During this project, we managed all the trades, including refrigeration contractors, flooring contractors, plumbers, and electricians. The scope of work included:
- Removal and disposal of the existing valence
- Disconnecting electrical to old refrigerated units
- Removal and disposal of existing refrigerated units
- VCT flooring replacement where needed
- Installation of new refrigeration and electrical connection of the same
- Provide a new power circuit for the new misting system
- Provide a new water supply line to the produce cases for the new misting system
- Installation of new valence and fillers
Our teams worked directly with Metro Inc. project managers to phase out the work over a 4-night period ensuring no impact on consumer traffic.